Capital Kids (After School & Summer Program)
A Comprehensive Approach to After School
A historic step forward was taken when a new model for after school programs was designed in 2000. Four pilot sites were created at area community centers. This model incorporates trained staff, state of the art technology, high expectations and high performance standards designed to gauge student's academic achievement and to provide participants with a safe place to learn and play when school is out.
2014 Capital Kids Summer Application
2009-2010 Program Evaluation Summary
- A nutritious snack or meal, which the children receive as soon as they arrive at the site from school. In addition the kids receive take-home groceries every other week through our partnership with Mid-Ohio Food Bank.
- Academic assistance, including help with their homework , science projects, literacy tutoring and computer math.
- Enrichment activities such as cooking, field trips, drama and art.
- Prevention programs in anger management, substance abuse, violence and peer mediation.
- Recreation and socialization through basketball, board games, outdoor play and group activities.
- Strong family involvement, including family fun nights, resource referrals, parent/staff conferences and newsletters.
After School Contracted Agencies:
2014 Funded Agencies
Monthly Activity Report
Capital Kids Program Videos