Established in 1997, the Franklin County Tobacco-Free Collaborative (TFC) is a network of organizations, businesses and individuals who have teamed up to build support for tobacco prevention and control in Franklin County. It is the oldest tobacco prevention and control coalition in Franklin County with initiatives focusing on:
- Addressing youth access and exposure to tobacco
- Public exposure to secondhand smoke
- Coordination of smoking cessation services to the public
- Supporting its partners in tobacco prevention and control efforts efforts.
Next meeting: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 from 2:30-4:00pm at the Mount Carmel West Community Health Resource Center, 777 W. State St., Medical Offices 2, Columbus, OH 43222.
- Secondhand Smoke- focuses efforts on assisting apartment complexes and condominiums to adopt tobacco free living policies.
- Policy- focuses on keeping the TFC membership and community members informed of legislation that impacts tobacco use (example: SmokeFree Ohio challenges, equalizing the tax on Other Tobacco Products, allowing the FDA to regulate tobacco products).
- Cessation- promoting tobacco cessation resources in Franklin County. Quit Smoking Today Brochure